Meet Your Logan Orthodontist
Making people smile is one of the things Dr. Russ Guymon enjoys doing most. A smile is a positive change in a person’s life, and Dr. Guymon considers it a privilege to provide that to patients of all ages.
Dr. Guymon is a native of Cache Valley, graduating from Mountain Crest High School. After graduation, he served a mission to Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Belarus. Speaking Russian allowed him to enjoy all four countries.
Dr. Guymon graduated from Utah State University with a Business Administration degree. From there, he went on to study at the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry. He graduated #1 in his dental class of 96 students.
The last stop on his educational journey was the University of Iowa for a Certificate in Orthodontics and a Master’s Degree in Science. Dr. Guymon is certified by the American Board of Orthodontics, something only out in three orthodontists achieve.
Why an Orthodontist in Logan?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Guymon continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Guymon has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Logan Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Logan orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Logan orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Guymon Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Logan area.